Subscriber Discussion

Fence Detection Of Yard, Tie Into Video

AD
Andrew DeMattos
Feb 19, 2014
IPVMU Certified

I'm looking to add on a fence detection system to our IP Video Surveillance of a yard that as had several robberies. I have designed the camera system and utilized raytec lighting to improve the night time coverage. I would like to tie-in a fence detection system that would trigger the camera system to illuminate and record. Does anyone have experience with a fence detection system that truly works and is easy to service?

Brian Rhodes
Feb 19, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Hello Andrew:

Can you give a rough idea of how much fenceline you need to monitor? 100'? 1,000? 10,000?

AD
Andrew DeMattos
Feb 19, 2014
IPVMU Certified

approx 2200 feet of fence

MB
Marc Blanchard
Feb 23, 2014

Senstar Flex PS. We have installed it at 4 locations so far with good results. Low false alarm rate as long as the integrity of the fence is good. The Flex PS processor has 4 programmable relay outputs and two detection zones of 1000'

Our last installation was about 2500' so we pushed it to 1200+' on each zone and it still works flawlessly.

JH
John Honovich
Feb 23, 2014
IPVM

Thanks, Marc.

Here's the overview video for the Flex PS:

Brian Selltiz
Feb 23, 2014
IPVMU Certified

Hi Andrew,

We have used Optex motion sensors, model BX-80NR, attached to the outside of a fence to trigger perimeter alerts. Works well in a controlled environment. They trigger a standard intrusion panel, which then alerts our VMS which triggers the PTZ preset to the alarm location. The fence line was approx 1500 feet and required about 24 sensors.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions