Subscriber Discussion

Favorite Android IP Camera App

Gert Molkens
Nov 04, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I'm looking for an Andoid app to just show live images of an(y) IP camera. No recording needed but would prefer something open with ONVIF support.

Anybody tried one of these? there are lots of them but which one is stable?

MM
Michael Miller
Nov 04, 2016
(1)
Vincent Tong
Nov 04, 2016

I like Tiny Cam, there is a paid pro version too but i like a little bit better than IP Cam Viewer. Its a little more slick IMO.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Nov 04, 2016

I have used the two mentioned by Michael and Vincent as well as ONVIF IP Cam Monitor. They all seem to have their pros and cons.

MI
Matt Ion
Nov 05, 2016

IP Cam Viewer Pro has been my go-to for years, but it used to be better when it included gazillions of traffic and webcams from around the world, and I could easily set it up with local traffic cams. For the longest time it was the only way I could view 3xLogic DVRs on my phone. Also works with old non-ONVIF MJPEG cameras, like IQEye.

ONVIF IP Cam Monitor (fka "Onvifer") is good as well, better support for ONVIF devices, though it's more of a "finder", where IP Cam Viewer is more like a VMS.

(1)
Gert Molkens
Nov 06, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Thanks eveyone, i'll test those mentioned for sure!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions