COR Security, Inc. | 07/07/18 05:54pm
We are looking at doing a large take over of GE Facility Commander. So I'm trying to fully understand the old GE Facility Commander hardware architecture. That way we can better plan the take over with minimum suprises.
Below is a layout from an old as built. Here are may questions...
1. Does the ACU have all of the I/O including the lock relays for all of the doors?
2. Does the ACU have any reader ports/inputs/terminals on board? If so for how many DOORS? I only care about "outside" readers instead of "outside and inside" readers for the same door.
3. I'm assuming that the RRE4 are reader boards. Are those for 2 doors or 4 doors?
4. Do the RRE4 have any door related I/O natively on them or are they logically controlled from the ACU.
5. It appears that the ACU is supplying power for everything. Including ACU, RRE4, lock power, and other hardware. Is that typical?
6. It seems the ACU have on board network then cascade with serial down to the RRE4. Does that sound correct?
7. Anything else that I'm missing or that would be helpful.