A comedian presenting face recognition, how apropo...
I bet it could work fairly decent if the person manually is enrolled and they go back to the same store. On the other hand, I am not sure how much value there is in that or how open people will be to be enrolled in the face rec system.
Where this would be really beneficial is chain stores / multiple locations but that increases the complexity significantly.
I like their orientation on surveillance applications. But it is an advertisment and it is realy bad that they promote themself with such kind of videos. After that we need to fight with over expectations of customers. "Why cannot you do it? I saw that everybody can.".
Some comments on a video:
- No details on a process whether it is identification or verification
- No information on a size of dataset
- No information on a threshold / comparison results
- The same conditions on enrolment and recognition
- Used glasses is nothing - they in fact obscure not significant parts of face + see my points above
- Mustaches - really I am wondering on the system parameters. Try to make this trick within a real environment. Sometimes it works but claim that it is a usual thing...
Facial recognition can be useful but for loyalty programs it is probably not the best choice.