Subscriber Discussion

Faception Claims To Identify Criminals By Facial Features Alone...

U
Undisclosed #1
May 26, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Facial recognition get a makeover by Faception:

An Israeli startup claims to have developed new facial imaging technology which can identify anyone, be it poker players, geniuses, extroverts, terrorists or paedophiles, just by looking at a subject's face. The technology firm claims its facial imaging technology can distinguish an individual's unique character traits, which are unnoticeable to the naked human eye.

Tel Aviv-based Faception has reportedly already signed a contract with US Homeland Security which will involve using the firm's facial recognition software to help identify terrorists. Faception also claims that its software identified nine of the 11 Paris attackers as suspected terrorists, without any previous data or knowledge about their involvement in the event, the Daily Mail reported.

This sentence in particular reeks

The technology firm claims its facial imaging technology can distinguish an individual's unique character traits, which are unnoticeable to the naked human eye.

Not only are they unnoticeable to the "naked human eye [sic]", they are unnoticeable under a microscope by a team of behavioral scientists as well.

What a crock!

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
May 26, 2016

...and once again our industry is discredited by the main stream media.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
May 26, 2016
IPVMU Certified

We should have Faception run on the faces of their founders.

If it says they're a bunch of liars, then maybe I'll buy it!

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
May 26, 2016

and the government bureaucrats that want to trial it, and watch them all go scrambling for cover heh heh.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
May 31, 2016

I was unable to locate the page that listed Sears and Manpower as clients, but I'm sure that they're not pleased to be publicly identified as using this "technology."

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
May 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I don't see it either, but its mentioned in more than one apparently indepedent article. Maybe Sears objected?

btw, here are the faces of faception. My untrained eye says they all look a little 'sketchy', especially the guy on the bottom left...

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Jun 01, 2016

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions