Subscriber Discussion

Extracting Saved Video Clips From IVMS-4500

Nick Roberie
Feb 21, 2018

I've recently run into an issue with a customer who had saved video from IVMS-4500 to the "Picture & Video" portion of their app. Since this recording, the DVR has overwritten that footage, so it is all that remains. She's now attempting to extract that footage and make it deliverable/transferable.  We all know Hik isn't famous for their software, but overall the IVMS app is pretty user-friendly. I can't, however, determine a good way to extract footage from the "Picture and Video" portion of the app.

I've tried simply texting and e-mailing it, which could be failing due to the large file size, or simply due to a downfall of IVMS' software. I've attempted to upload it to dropbox with no success. A colleague says that it uploads to facebook, which is strange, but I haven't tested that personally. 

I was able to extract a 3MB video clip via e-mail, so I can't blame IVMS for this lack of functionality. But when extracting footage of a burglar in the act of stealing/escaping/rummaging, it is almost always a larger file than 3MB. 

Has anyone experienced this issue as well? Any creative fixes? The only foolproof solution I've got only works for customers with a new Iphone who can use their screen record feature to record the video. 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 21, 2018

The Dahua app allows you to move saved video to your “pictures folder”. Once there, you could connect to a computer and copy the file by searching the phone drive. 

Maybe the same with HIK?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions