Subscriber Discussion

Extended Warranty Options?

SA
Syed Ali
Dec 06, 2013

Are the any sources to purchase extended warranties for surveillance and/or alarm panels, to resell to clients? As an example how they resell for appliances.

JH
John Honovich
Dec 06, 2013
IPVM

Syed, the first thing I would do is speak with the manufacturer of the products you are looking to purchase an extended warranty from. This is fairly common (see Axis as one example).

I am not sure about third parties offering warranties. I would suspect they would be more expensive as it is more risky for a third party to do so especially with surveillance or alarm panels that have less volume that your typical consumer appliance.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Dec 06, 2013

Take an example at IQeye cameras. Most models have a 5 year warranty, if desirable with pre exchange. As a standard! No need to register online or to fullfill other conditions. The distributors of IQinVision and their installer are following this policy. The enduser has the benefit of fast rerplacement, the installer/distributor of almost no paperwork.

JH
John Honovich
Dec 06, 2013
IPVM

Thank you undisclosed IQinVision employee! What the hell...

Reminder: NO PROMOTION especially of the undisclosed, sneaky type.

Most people are not going to switch brands for 2 extra years of warranty.

JT
Jason Thiele
Dec 09, 2013

Spam in the IPVM forums?! Say it isn't so!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions