Subscriber Discussion

Experiences With (Axis) 2N Intercoms (Integrators Only)

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Dec 05, 2016

We have been using Aiphone for quite some time. For the most part we are happy with their entry level products, however their software on the IS series has been sub part at best. We are looking at using 2N on our higher end video intercom installs in the K-12 market. My question is how well does 2N's software work? How is their tech support? Is the line an improvement over Aiphone when using their software? Had an issues interrogating into SIP phones?

[IPVM Background: Axis Acquires Intercom Manufacturer 2N]

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Dec 05, 2016

I don't have experience with 2N but have to agree the IS series programming is horrible and we are looking for an alternate as well.

(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Dec 05, 2016

Are you looking for video/audio or just audio? From my experience, Stentofon has the best audio and noise-canceling of any intercom I have seen. They do have a video version but I haven't seen the latest version.

Axis (in addition to purchasing 2N) has 2 SIP Video intercoms. Both have very good cameras but I find the audio is no match for Stentofon. You can pull the camera into your VMS and add the intercom via SIP to your VOIP system.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Dec 05, 2016

Video and Audio. VMS integration isn't super important but more of a nice add-on feature.

JH
John Honovich
Dec 05, 2016
IPVM

Btw, there are a number of integrator comments on 2N in the Axis / 2N acquisition post, just fyi.

SL
Scott Lapin
Dec 05, 2016

We love these units. The software is very easy to understand.

Honestly have never needed Support so not sure how it is.

We generally integrate them with a NMS (which requires a separate streaming license from 2N) for video and there is also a very small free app they have for desktop monitoring of the same video so you don't have to load your NMS software for one camera. And yes, it will stream to both so you can have your history on your NMS but a lite app on the reception PC or wherever needed.

We then bring audio into Avaya IP Office over SIP so it can routed as necessary throughout the building for given time tables. The sound quality has been great and the video quality is Good.

We've used both the Helios Uni and the Helios Force with equal success.

(1)
John Ringis
Dec 12, 2016
IPVMU Certified

We recently started using 2N and so far are very pleased with the product. Support is a little slow, but the company is making the necessary changes needed to drive some improvements. We have had minimal issues with the product and or integration.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions