IPVMU Certified | 02/13/18 10:08pm
Some interesting security system choices in a new Florida 40,000 sqft Whole Foods store.
1) The reader is hung upside down.
2) Though it is a new store, they are using an antiquated 6005 HID Proxpoint reader for 125 kHz credentials, totally cracked and easily copied credentials.
3) There is a fire pull station hung immediately opposite the reader on the inside, in the spot where RTE pushbuttons should normally be hung. Is this even legal?
4) The door loop powering the latch retraction on the exit device is exposed and would not be difficult to cut. Should this be improved? How?
On the video side are using lots of Avigilon cameras (easily 50 to 100):
5) Video coverage appears dense, but the extremely long pendant mounts might be an aesthetic issue, not to mention they may sway e.g., when the HVAC is on. Is there a better option here?
What do you think?