IPVMU Certified | 09/16/15 04:53pm
I just upgraded to 184.108.40.206489. It is working for me. I can push from the mobile app to a client and from a client to the mobile app. When you upgraded did you upgrade your webserver as well?
Trecerdo, LLC | 09/16/15 05:14pm
The web server is already installed on the LC box, because I'm already using the mobile app, which requires it. I've set up exacqVision on my own machines before, and I know how to update the webserver it from a command line.
I just thought that Exacq wouldn't still require a separate webserver upgrade on the pre-configured LC boxes. I've just never attached a keyboard or screen to the LC box, and hence never enabled ssh.
Thanks for your help. What do you think of the new version? Also, are you having audio issues? My cameras with audio no longer seem to play through the client, though audio does seem to be being recorded.
Maybe I can clear up a couple of things on this thread:
- The web service is pre-installed on the LC-series.
- The web service has an update feature built in. In the configuration panel on the web service admin page, you can check for updates and download the new version there. That was added I think one year ago.
- There are two features using the word "push".
- VideoPush allows you to push a layout between clients (mobile to client, client to mobile).
- Push Notifications (new in 7.2) allows your mobile device to receive notifications of Event Monitoring rule triggers. This notification comes through the phone/tablet OS so the app doesn't even need to be open.
Trecerdo, LLC | 09/25/15 09:46pm
I hang my head in shame for not looking harder in the web server admin screen. That said, mobile push notifications aren't limited to Enterprise, correct? I have Professional, and I set everything up (I think) correctly, but I now get a pop-up on my iPhone, when I start Exacq Mobile saying something like "Push notifications unavailable on http://my_server_ip ...."
The only thing I'm doing differently from "typical" is that externally the Exacq web service is on port 22608...which is redirected internally to port 80 on the Exacq box (hence on the mobile device I tell it to connect to 22608).