Subscriber Discussion

Which VMS Can Use Serial Alarms And Is Compatible With Apple Mobile OS?

Sarunas Pavilionis
Apr 07, 2016

I has question about VMS, which can comply this requirements:

• Which VMSes can use ASCII alarm messages via serial port (up to 16 ASCII symbols) from a panel as an alarm trigger in the VMS? Another possibility is to generate HTTP commands on alarms, and, the worst way, relay outputs.
  • I need integrate up to 40 different alarm messages to create alarms on video system (dome presets, alarm recordings).
  • Users need to receive fast review and playback alarms events from alarms list via Windows PC and iPads and iPhone. Easy navigation is most important thing, especially, events reports on iPad & iPhone and fast search and playback selected events video.
  • On site are installed five Samsung SNP-6230RH PTZ cameras. From this cameras alarm outputs should be possibility to activate alarm sounders on alarm also.

What VMS can do this?

Brian Karas
Apr 07, 2016
IPVM

You want the VMS to make a customized list of alarms based on triggers from an alarm panel? Then the user has the ability to go to this list and look at the events from mobile devices?

Sarunas Pavilionis
Apr 07, 2016

Yes. Also, user should instantly get alarm message on mobile devices.

Jon Dillabaugh
Apr 07, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

I know that a few mobile apps support push notifications for alarm inputs (simple contact relays only), but I'm unaware of any that support RS485 or HTTP input for alarms.

For instance, many Dahua IP cameras and all DVR/NVR appliances support alarm inputs. Some have RS485, but only for PTZ control, as far as I know.

I will log in to a recent install and see what options there are for alarm inputs.

Sarunas Pavilionis
Apr 07, 2016

On site i'm now using Digifort VMS. Great VMS, but, no alarms to iPad. Or, just fast search from alarm events list.

Also, as i'm told, alarms can be sent via HTTP or, worst case, via relay outputs, but. alarms quantity is 40.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions