Subscriber Discussion

Estimating Project Management Labor?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Dec 01, 2016

I was looking for some input on calculating project management labor on proposals.  From what I have seen a in the CSPM handbook the formula states 3% of total cost which seems fairly low.  Thanks in advance for you input.

Joseph Parker
Dec 01, 2016

Most of my techs are highly compensated pros who don't need much supervision, so I only project manage on site for really big jobs, and even then only a couple times a week. Even with that being the case I would estimate my remote project management cost are a bit higher than 3%, so I can't imagine that's accurate.

JH
John Honovich
Dec 01, 2016
IPVM

Joseph, is that 3% of labor or 3% of total job cost including product? From reading #1's comment it appears to be total cost. Assume product is 1/3 to 1/2 of the job and that means 4.5 to 6% of labor, which sounds roughly reasonable to me.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Dec 01, 2016

The handbook states 3% of total cost - I am assuming they are referring to parts + labor cost only see image below

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions