Subscriber Discussion

Enhancing Audio Recording?

SW
Steven Wirz
May 12, 2017

I know that this is a bit out of the video realm but, in a civil case, captured on video, we have a critical piece of audio information that is from a 911 call to the PD.  The quality is not good.  Does anyone know of a way, or if it can be, enhanced?

Thanks,

Steve

TC
Trisha (Chris' wife) Dearing
May 12, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Steven, can you post a minute or so of the audio, thru Dropbox or other?

It doesn't have to be anything sensitive in nature, just representative of the recording in general.

That will help identify the problem as many things can be improved thru noise reduction, multi-band spectral adjustment, ducking and limiting etc.

(1)
(1)
SW
Steven Wirz
May 15, 2017

Hi Chris,

Please mail me your contact information, StevenWirz@FocusSolutionsDVR.com                860-558-3653

SW
Steven Wirz
May 12, 2017

Hi Chris,

I do not have the recording in my possession right now.  One of my associates has it.  I wasn't sure if I would even have any response on this topic.  Let me see what I can do.

Thank you for your reply.

Steve

U
Undisclosed #1
May 12, 2017

I use Soundtracks which is part of the Final Cut Pro Editing Suite for audio enhancement - can be used to suppress various frequencies and enhance others.  

DAH

(1)
Rob Hammond
May 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Hi Steven, there are acoustical engineers that specialize in the area of forensic analysis of audio recordings that will stand up to scrutiny in a court of law.  We have one of those engineers in our office.  I am not sure if his workload has room for your case, but if not, he be happy to refer you to the appropriate expert.

SW
Steven Wirz
May 15, 2017

Hi Rob,

Please e-mail me your contact information.  StevenWirz@FocusSolutionsDVR.com     806-558-3653

SW
Steven Wirz
May 15, 2017

Chris, Rob and UD #1, that you for your replies.  UD #1, I think we are going to try to have someone do this for us.  We hardly ever need to use stuff like this so we don't want to really invest the time or money.

Rob and Chris.  I have replied to each of you with my contact e-mail.  If you can send me a reply e-mail I will have the Associate, Dean, contact you guys directly.

Thanks so much for the help.

Regards,

Steve

DM
Dalton McGehee
May 24, 2017
IPVMU Certified

If it was a 911 call, it is almost guaranteed it is recorded by the police department.  File an open records request with the police department for the recording.  You'll have the best quality recording you could ask for.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions