Subscriber Discussion

Enclosure/Cabinet For NVR And Related Equipment?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jun 06, 2017

I am curious what other techs are using to enclose an 8 channel NVR  to secure it and provide place for UPS and associated equipment? Aside from an 19" rack for larger jobs I have been using a 20x24x8 electrical enclosure with proper venting and this can house ups, electrical feed, and all wiring making job look neat.

Michael Silva
Jun 06, 2017
Silva Consultants

For smaller video surveillance jobs, we always specify a wall-mounted equipment rack with a lockable door. This rack is used to contain the NVR, network switch, patch panels, and when applicable, the UPS unit.

Chris Lanier
Jun 06, 2017

One option for smaller sized equipment that need or should be environmentally controlled is Safety Technology Int'l aka STI. They have enclosures that provide heating/cooling. Great for sub-stations or breezeway mounted panels for example. See more at www.sti-usa.com .

SR
Samuel Rodgers
Jun 06, 2017

We use wall mounted enclosures, mainly ones from Hubbell or Tripp-Lite and add our own hasp and padlock to secure them. These typically are for smaller systems (4-16 cameras) and has enough rack space to house a patch panel, switch, UPS, and PDU and there is a little more space left over and wall space inside to mount a few other components.

John Scanlan
Jun 06, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

I have a locking 9U Triplite wall mount in my home. I like that the side panels are designed for quick removal (when unlocked).  It helps when I need to service the back of the equipment.

It houses a power bar, modem, router, switch, NVR, NAS, moca adapter and some other equipment.

DP
Donald Peters
Jun 06, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We also deploy a small 9U - 12U enclosure as typical with Middle Atlantic and Tripp-Lite as the brands we most commonly source.  The door locks tend top be cheaply manufactured so plan to install some additional physical protections if the area is not fully secured.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions