Eagle Eye VP Of Sales: "There Are No Asterisks In Life. Only Scoreboards"

JH
John Honovich
Sep 01, 2016
IPVM

Last year, Eagle Eye's then Director of Sales was recognized for his job post praising Boiler Room, Glenngarry Glenn Ross and the Wolf of Wall Street.

Now, with a promotion to VP of Sales, Austen Trimble is back with new sales advice, declaring:

The origin of this adage is from the lying conniving agent Ari Gold on the TV show Entourage:

Asterisks are commonly debated in baseball regarding players who cheated by using steroids to break records.

Given that background and usage, it is surprising to see an Eagle Eye executive endorse it. On the one hand, it demonstrates a commitment to get sales, regardless of what it takes. On the other, it indicates a willingness to break rules or violate ethics.

Vote? What Do You Think?

Brian Rhodes
Sep 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I really hate the common idea here that ambition, and being shady, coexist in an expected manner.

Cutting corners and screwing people over is not a legacy I could reflect on with pride.

(10)
U
Undisclosed #1
Sep 01, 2016

Only young 'go-getter' types (and primarily young sales folks) with minimal life-experiences believe this statement to have any meaning.

Us old people know that life is full of asterisks. :)

I'm curious though: Is he reporting what he feels personally - or is his comment a reflection of the atmosphere he works in... knowing who he works for?

(3)
Christopher Freeman
Sep 02, 2016

If you have no conscience, no integrity, no care for anyone but yourself and all you want is for you , yourself and no one else , then this works for you

But if you like a peaceful nights sleep, a bit of respect from others and yourself and if you want to work in the industry in other jobs and places and don't want a trail of distrust and deciet to follow you then Do It Right The 1st Time.

U
Undisclosed #2
Sep 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Although I agree with everything said, I know that I have been fortunate to be on the technical side of things (mostly), not selling systems in a cut-throat industry which puts enormous pressure on sales people to make rain or 'hit the bricks'.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Sep 06, 2016

With the increasing societal emphasizes individual rights/disadvantages/victimization/privileges over personal responsibility, the betterment of society in general, and the importance of doing the right thing, this is really no surprise. It is unfortunate, especially in the context of an industry which is dependent upon the public trust. My guess is that this individual has not fully considering the implications and general message related to his comment. Thank you for calling it out.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions