Subscriber Discussion

Dual Maglocks In One Door.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 21, 2016

Is it possible to connect two maglocks in one door and one standalone access control system (ZKT F18 with exit button and emergency break glass).
Both the maglocks are required to work together (Open and close at the same time).

If yes, Please explain on the wiring.

DD
Dan Droker
Sep 21, 2016
LONG Building Technologies • IPVMU Certified

Sure. Make sure your power supply is sufficient for the current draw of both locks, make sure the egress devices interrupt power to both locks, and wire the lock power in parallel to the two locks. But why use two maglocks? And is there possibly a better type of lock to use in the first place?

Brian Rhodes
Sep 21, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Is this a set of double doors, or two separate single leaf doors?

UI
Sep 22, 2016

It's a single leaf with inward opening.
The door (provided by the client himself) doesn't have latch in the middle (removed by the client on purpose) thus leading the door to play/shake a lot when pulled inwards with the maglock connected at the top and that's the main concern.
The client wants to add one more lock at the bottom , so it should be more firm.

U
Undisclosed #2
Sep 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

The client wants to add one more lock at the bottom , so it should be more firm.

So another Maglock at the bottom? Seems tricky.

What about using a shear maglock where the latch was?

AW
Amos Wipf
Sep 22, 2016

Am I missing something? Seems pretty simple to me.

U
Undisclosed #2
Sep 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

The wiring is simple, but he wants the maglock at the bottom of the door.

Brian Rhodes
Sep 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Maglock at the bottom of the door sounds like a maintenance nightmare to me.

As noted in our Diagnose This Gate Access Problem post, even a thin film of grime, floorwax, dust, trash, rust, or anything else can greatly weaken a maglock.

It can be done, sure, but it isn't the best approach.

The latch in the door needs to go back in, and it can remain locked if a strike is installed. Is there a reason that latch was removed?

(1)
UI
Sep 22, 2016

Brian,

I will try not to mount at bottom completely.

The latch was removed because the door doesn't have a handle that can be used to push from the front side. It only has at the back side as seen on the photo.

So even if you are a registered user, you can't enter as the door is closed.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions