Subscriber Discussion

Dual Control - Retail Bank Branches

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 17, 2017

I have a customer who is looking to take advantage of technology in order to minimize the need for dual control, particularly at the vault/money room/safe deposit boxes areas.  They are using a manual, hand-written log to record who is coming and going and feel that it is inefficient.  Can anyone recommend technology-driven processes that will eliminate the manual log and ability to make better use of employee resources?  Thanks.

John Jenkins
Jul 20, 2017

an electronic access control system that allows for effective monitoring and reporting features would be a great way to alleviate some of those time sinks. of course, the physical layout of the facilities will play a large part in determining if this is an economical solution.

without seeing the layout, I cannot speak towards any of the physical characteristics. but based off your description of how they are currently monitoring activity, I believe that S2 Security systems would be a manufacturer to start speaking with.  the live monitoring, and reporting features that are offered by them are easy to use and very effective.

Good Luck!

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jul 21, 2017

Set up a card access system with a two man rule where two separate employees need to present a credential prior to the door releasing. 

Place a reader to read-out so you have a full log including entry and exit. 

Integrate a camera to the card access system for video evidence.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions