Dropcam Founder Releases $349 Owl Camera..For Your Car

From the founder of DropCam this new product/company looks like an interesting solution to address a pretty big problem and potentially quite large market. Seems like it's in pre-order at the moment (pre-pre order if you have android).

The product itself seems to be unique in that they've added some features that may make it stand out:

- Dual direction camera

- Voice Capture

- Antitheft floodlights

- OBD interface (An interesting approach to powering & possible integration with vehicle data/systems)

- Onboard sensors (Gryo, compass, accelerator, temp)

- Analytics

I don't know anything about it other than the marketing and PR stuff that's out, but I wondered if other folks think there is value here? Thoughts on the bundle and price point? I'm always intrigued by established players breaking into new markets. Also I know I personally know of a lot of problems with car related theft and vandalism so it's interesting in that regard and doesn't seem like an unreasonable price point... if it performs :)

Login to read this IPVM discussion.
Why do I need to log in?
IPVM conducts unique testing and research funded by member's payments enabling us to offer the most independent, accurate and in-depth information.

*****, ****** *** *******! * *** **** **** **** ***** when ****** *** ***** *** ** ** *** ****** ***** in *** **** ** ******** ************.

* **** **** ******* ***** ******* *** ******* *** ***** but * ***** **'* ***********, ****** ******* ** *** *** 'won' *** ******* ******** *** ****** *******. ***** ** ** 'Dropcam' ** '****' ** '****' ** '****' ** ******** ** that *****. **'* ******* ********* ** ******* ****** **** ****** compete ** *****.

** ****** *** *******, * ***** *** **** ****** * choice ** *** **** *** ** *** ******** ******.