Subscriber Discussion

Driveway Monitor To Trip PTZ

John Bazyk
Dec 07, 2015
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

Has anyone used a wireless driveway monitor with an output to trip an input on an NVR that would move the PTZ to the preset? If so, what have you used?

Application, one of our customers has a PTZ that he uses to watch the farm. It's home position is set to watch the house. However he has a pretty long driveway and would like the PTZ to move to the driveway when someone is pulling up. The position of the sensor would be about 200 feet from the house. Wireless is needed.

U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 07, 2015

Optex 2000

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Dec 07, 2015
IPVMU Certified

The Optex 2000, as U1 indicated, looks solid.

For the NVR case, I have used a couple different Dahua models with Dahua PTZ's and I/O triggering. Would be wary though if not using Dahua PTZ...

Ethan Ace
Dec 07, 2015

Are you looking for something optical, PIR, or a buried loop? Would one of those options be more or less prone to issues in this driveway?

Buried sensors are generally the best for avoiding false alarms, but you have to bury them, obviously. There are some you bury next to the driveway instead of under, but they're not as accurate.

FWIW, I haven't tested it, but I'm probably going to be buying a Dakota Alert DCMA-2500 for my driveway. It claims 1/2 mile range and the receiver has relay outputs. It's pretty well reviewed and a fairly cheap entry point (~$150).

U
Undisclosed #2
Dec 07, 2015
IPVMU Certified

That's pretty cool.

It doesn't even need a DVR/NVR. I didn't see what frequency it operates at, do you know?

John Bazyk
Dec 07, 2015
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

This is the one I have been looking at. Dakota Alert BBA-2500

I don't want to bury anything here, it's way out in the middle of nowhere and he doesn't really want to spend much more money. We just upgraded his 10 year old Bosch system to TVI and he loves it.

I've door contacts but never anything like this. Maybe someone else has?

Scott Bradford
Dec 08, 2015
IPVMU Certified

I've used the Dakota alert stuff a fair amount. Consumer level, but works well and the company is really cool to work with

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions