Double Posting Bug Fixed

JH
John Honovich
Jun 25, 2013
IPVM

We pushed a fix to the double comment posting bug. Once the submit button is pressed, the button is disabled / greyed out now, so the user cannot hit it again. This should fix it but if anyone sees a problem, let us know. You can even try it out for yourself on this thread!

Brian Karas
Jun 25, 2013
Pelican Zero

Thanks!

Brian Karas
Jun 25, 2013
Pelican Zero

Seems to work.

Carl Lindgren
Jun 25, 2013

Great!

Now if you can just fix the <edit> problem with both IE8 and my Crackberry, I'll be all smiles!

IE8 edits don't "take". I click the edit button and the editing screen comes up; make my edit and save it and the changes are lost. I discovered that the "fix" for that is to right-click the edit button and open it in a new window. The subsequent edits do appear.

On my Crackberry, er I mean Blackberry, the edit button doesn't work. I have to place the pointer over the edit button, then choose "Open Link in New Tab", then the edit box opens in the new tab.

Brian Karas
Jun 26, 2013
Pelican Zero

Carl -

To fix the blackberry problem John would probably need a device to test on. AFAIK, you may be the last living Blackberry user, so you'll have to fedex yours to Oahu for testing ;)

Carl Lindgren
Jun 26, 2013

Brian,

I wanted a Galaxy SIII but work only provides Crackberries (unless you're a Director or above - then you get an iPhone). :-(

On the plus side, the Blackberry Bold I have now is a huge improvement over the Curve I had before.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 26, 2013
IPVM

We'll check on the edit button. This is another javascript issue where IE8 works differently than modern / real browsers.

Carl Lindgren
Jun 26, 2013

John,

For an explanation of why I'm stuck with IE8, read my previous post, substituting Windows XP for Blackberry/Crackberry :-(

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions