Subscriber Discussion

Door Bell With Camera And Monitor?

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #1
Jan 28, 2017

Generally when anyone rings the door bell we will peep through the door hole to see who the person is? One of my customers requirement is he needs a door bell that comes with a camera and monitor and he wants the monitor to be fixed in the door itself instead of the wall. If possible the monitor must also have the option of speaking with the person who is standing outside? 

Can anyone suggest a a door bell that comes with a camera & monitor?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 30, 2017

The monitor is the weird part. Maybe sky bell or ring app running on an android/iphone tablet mounted to/in the door and hard wired to power?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 30, 2017

Thinking about this why not just aiphone and mount the desk unit in the door?

MD
Matthew Davis
Feb 08, 2017

I'm sure he is speaking of the "Ring" doorbell that has been advertised on TV.

Brian Rhodes
Feb 08, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Ring does not include a monitor and uses a smartphone instead.

Jon Dillabaugh
Feb 08, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

There are tons of options on Amazon and eBay for items that match your description, like this one. They aren't name branded or look to be high quality, but they otherwise fit your description.

RS
Robert Sears
Feb 13, 2017

Sounds like he watches too much tv, I would advise him if he's worried about a home invasion that standing in front of the door is not how to stay safe.

Using off non-standard brands that might work can also become a repair nightmare later on. There arent too many options to mount the screen that will not require a flex or armored cable or a multi conductor wired hinge and core drilling the door, most people wont want to see that in a home. An aiphone sounds like your best bet.

John Bazyk
Feb 13, 2017
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

We use Comelit and have good success with them, it's more of a video intercom than a door bell, but they work well. 

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions