Does Your Company Prohibit Holiday Gifts?

Brian Rhodes
Nov 09, 2016
IPVMU Certified

This time of year, 'appreciation' gifts become more common. With the holidays approaching, it is common for many to give gifts like candy, nuts, or maybe gadgets to customers. Some of you may both give and receive these in your business.

Some companies circulate notices that make it clear they don't accept gifts, typically to avoid the possibility of collusion or the appearance of graft. Here is one example:

Does your company prohibit this practice? Do you agree with it?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Nov 09, 2016

My company prohibits gifts over $25. However, there's an exception for 'branded merchandise'. Even though this exception is clearly intended to allow us to accept hats, jackets, and the like, savvy vendors know they can slap their logo on anything, this rendering it perfectly kosher.

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Nov 09, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Does your company give gifts? When I worked for an integrator, it was common for distributors to send us holiday gift baskets. No logos on that stuff, but I'm fairly sure they cost more than $25 for some.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Nov 09, 2016

Absolutely we do. Goes under our marketing budget. That $25 is for us, not for others. ''Tis better to give than to receive, after all.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions