Subscriber Discussion

Does DSX Have An Older Format Than D10202

keith maxwell
Nov 10, 2017
Northeast Remote Surveillance and alarm, LLC

I have taken over of a dsx system and was able to get all the newer fobs working that were issued after the initial installation. The older ones from 10 years ago are not reading with D10202 format. Any help is greatly appreciated.

keith maxwell
Nov 10, 2017

37bit ? I dont see the format on any google searches?

Brian Rhodes
Nov 10, 2017
IPVMU Certified

There is a proprietary 33 bit format, I'm not sure if that's D10202 or not without some reasearch.

keith maxwell
Nov 10, 2017

I have 90% of the exist credentials reading on that. It is D10202. I found some DSX infro referencing 37 bit but I can find a map.

Brian Rhodes
Nov 10, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Have you confirmed the facility code of the older fobs is active in the current system readers?

DD
Dan Droker
Nov 10, 2017
LONG Building Technologies • IPVMU Certified

It is probably not a format specific or proprietary to DSX. Do you have any other information available? 37 bits? How many digits in the card numbers? Can you provide a capture of the binary data from the reader and the matching card number?

If you have access to the DSX software, check what 2 digit codes are listed in the Type column of the Database > Locations > Device screen.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions