Subscriber Discussion

Does Anyone Know What Kind Of Controller This Is?

John Bazyk
Feb 04, 2015
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

Brian Rhodes
Feb 04, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Are you able to see the MAC address of the daughter board?

John Bazyk
Feb 04, 2015

No, I couldn’t find a mac or make and model on the panel. I ran the S/N through Google and came up with nothing. The previous tenant installed this so they weren’t able to help me either.

Ethan Ace
Feb 04, 2015

It's some sort of generic OEM. It's selling on Alibaba and Amazon and other online stores for cheap.

(2)
HL
Horace Lasell
Feb 05, 2015

Possibly this? Different number of LEDs, but same make? Edit: That link was for a 2-door controller; yours looks like a 4-door controller.

JG
Jeff Goodall
Feb 05, 2015

Do you know the ip address of the panel? if so, ping the ip address and open another command prompt and do an ARP -a and it will give you the MAC address for that ip.

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Feb 06, 2015
Pro Focus LLC

The MAC address may only get you the manufacturer of the NIC itself, not the manufacturer of the finished product.

Brian Rhodes
Feb 06, 2015
IPVMU Certified

This is true, but checking the OUI is frequently a good and cheap method of discovering who manufactured the device. It's not something to disregard simply because it may not always be helpful.

MI
Matt Ion
Feb 06, 2015

If there's an FCC ID number on any of the boards, or on a sticker on the device, you can look up the manufacturer (at least of that board) at fcc.gov.

Example: found this photo in a Google search:

Plugging that ID into the search engine at FCC OET Authorization Search we find out it's made by Ranger Communications in Malaysia. Might not have been the best example as there's little other detail provided other than the company address, application approval date, and upper and lower frequencies used, but you get the idea.

(1)
John Bazyk
Feb 06, 2015

Ethan's got the right answer, thanks for helping me. I was mostly currious, we are taking it out and putting something else in. They said it was really unreliable.

Frank Pisciotta
Feb 10, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Keri NXT4?

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Feb 16, 2015

Hong Sheng Yuan 4 door controller

The link is aliexpress, but I see those things all over eBay. I've got to admit I'm curious as to how those things work in actual field conditions. What was the complaint about the old one? The programming or the reliability?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions