Subscriber Discussion

Does Anyone Know Of A Tablet That Can Be Used As An In Wall Camera Display And Can Be On 24/7?

DM
David Matyas
Feb 19, 2016

I have a customer that we are upgrading his old analog cameras to HD-TVI ones. The issue is with the screen. His current in wall screen is junk. So I was thinking about going with a tablet. Does anyone know of a tablet that can be used as an in wall camera display and can be on 24/7?

Thank uou

MI
Matt Ion
Feb 19, 2016

You could probably use pretty much any tablet with a client app for the DVR - just turn off the power saving functions and plug it in. Don't even need things like bluetooth, GPS, etc - WiFi should be all the connectivity needed, which should be just about any $99-and-up Android tablet out there. Trickiest part will be finding a way to mount it to the wall, but there are plenty of car mounts out there that could probably be adapted.

RC
Rex Colorado
Feb 19, 2016

Take a look at our Awareness Monitor, 10.4" and 15". Built for mobile applications, people are using in a variety of ways, VGA, HDMI, or two BNC inputs. If you can get DC voltage to power it...we may have exactly what you need. Has metal chassis, vandelproof screen protection: see red SPECIFICATION SHEET far right side of webpage, or email rexc@safetyvision.com.

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 19, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I'd be leery of putting a lithium battery in a wall, charging 24/7.

(1)
(1)
MI
Matt Ion
Feb 19, 2016

So, get a tablet that will run without the battery, and pull the thing out.

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 19, 2016
IPVMU Certified
PC
Patrick Clarke
Feb 19, 2016

"designed for commercial use where running 24/7 is crucial"

http://www.mimomonitors.com/products/android-commercial-tablet-15-6-inch

oK
oleg Kush
Feb 19, 2016
Lenovo tablet that uses micro USB to charge will turn off charging once the battery is 100% and temp goes up... it will turn off charging drain completely and wait till USB is unplugged and replugged. Fyi.. Went through 3 different models as touch screen controls for CompleteControl.
(1)
DW
David Westberry
Feb 19, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I just finished a two week test of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 running Hikvision iVMS-4500. Never crashed or hung up the whole time. I can not say how it will last plugged in for extended times. It was however sitting on a charging cradle for the whole 2 weeks. For ~$130 I was quite impressed at how well it operated with 15 channels on almost the whole time.

(1)
(2)
Boris Bronstein
Feb 19, 2016
CCTV.Net

If this one isn't too big, it may work: https://viewzusa.com/security/ipm_home.html

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions