Subscriber Discussion

Does Anyone Have Experience With Wisenet/Hanwha HD Analog Products?

jc
james cordell
Jul 25, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Does anyone have any experience with the Wisenet/Hanswha HD analog products?  I work for Federal agency and due to lack of funding going to try the Wisenet/Hanwha HD products.  Started with DVRs with good luck, easy swap for existing 18 year old Pelco and much more user friendly.  Going to use combination of their HD PTZ/Fixed/DVRs to upgrade existing outdated legacy systems w/o going IP due to costs.  Any comments are appreciated.

V/r

Kelly

RA
Ramy Ayad
Jul 25, 2018

Hi Kelly,

I work for Hanwha Tecwin, if you have any questions regarding the DVR or recording solutions I would be more than happy to help.

Thank you

Ramy

Ethan Ace
Jul 25, 2018

For reference, we have a test of the Hanwha Wisenet HD+ AHD line from 2016. It worked well, comparable image quality to their comparable Q series IP cameras at the time. They've since released 4MP models, as well, but we haven't tested them yet.

(1)
Ethan Ace
Jul 25, 2018

I hit post without asking you the follow up questions, oops!

- What types of cameras are you using? Are you using 1080p? 4MP? 

- Do you have any questions you haven't found the answer to so far?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jul 25, 2018

The new models of cameras and recorders have compatibility with AHD/CVI/TVI, and some models have WDR and simple focus.

Steve Beck
Jul 25, 2018

We are a government integrator and have used Wisenet/Hanwha HD analog on a couple projects for three different agencies. The Wisenet HD+ DVRs are so much easier for the client to use vs. the old Speco, Bosch and Pelco DVRs they had before. Very easy to burn and export video right at the DVR.

We did a couple AHD install with just a few cameras at each location. Looked just as good as any TVI camera did. The AHD analog MP cameras are pretty inexpensive and looked pretty solid for the application. Keep in mind there are a lot 12 volt DC cameras options only so you might want to be careful on replacements if you have 24VAC cameras on site currently. I do know their PTZ cameras are 24 VAC so you should be ok for Pelco PTZ camera replacements. 

(2)
jc
james cordell
Aug 01, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Thanks, that is a good point the 12 vs 24 v. power.  Will keep it in mind.

Anton Miller
Jul 25, 2018
Shaked Projects

Yes.

Once. 

8 Hanwha DVR units have to be replaced in 4 cities (stops recording at intervals, even with full motion detection sensitivity), the customer is highly displeased and won't give us the next job.

Never again.

Paul Conradt
Jul 26, 2018
OSS Reps

Anton,

I responded to one of your other posts that there is a firmware update that takes care of this issue.  Please reach out to tech support, a local dealer or myself (I'm the Pac NW manufacturers rep) and we can get you help with this.  

(3)
Anton Miller
Jul 26, 2018
Shaked Projects

Paul,

Thank you very much for the good intentions but it all is a tad too late.

The local dealer failed to address the issue for almost 11 months, and even today they claimed that there's no firmware update that can resolve the problem. They were like "do you really think that some people in internet forums know better that we do" lmao and their only solution is for us to replace all the DVRs by Hikvision or Dahua at our expense - because they oh so much care about the customer being unprotected lol

The customer had already disconnected the Hanwha DVRs, invited some other integrator and apparently is going to press charges against us, and we won't ever again even look at the direction of a manufacturer that requires paid membership on 3rd party website to provide vital support.

Steve Beck
Jul 26, 2018

Which specific model was the DVR that wasn’t recording?

Anton Miller
Jul 26, 2018
Shaked Projects

I don't have the exact model handy, nor I have access to them any longer. I'll check receipts when get back to the office. 

What I remember is that it was some cheaper 16 ch AHD DVR

UM
Jul 26, 2018

(Hanwha Employee)

Sorry that you and your customer had these issues.  It is very strange.  To me it sounds like a bad batch of hard drives, without knowing more details (company, date/time of call, model, etc.).

I have worked with dozens of these recorders and not encountered this issue.  If you can privately share any additional details, I would love to be able to look up more information/research this.  The recorder should have been able to keep on recording for years and years (overwriting...).

Our support or warranty should have covered this issue, so I apologize for these issues.

My experiences with these recorders/cameras has been positive, beyond the old web UI.  When used with the SmartViewer CMS, it has been a great solution for many customers.

Anton Miller
Jul 26, 2018
Shaked Projects

Contact me at support@shakedpro.com

Paul Conradt
Jul 26, 2018
OSS Reps

Please let me know who that dealer is and I will make sure that they receive the proper training on how to support their customers.  I am also not just "some guy on a forum" as I make it very clear who I am.

I do question the fact that the new integrator is going to press charges against your company and I also want to make it very clear that Hanwha doesn't require membership on any website for support.  

Anton Miller
Jul 26, 2018
Shaked Projects

Contact me at support@shakedpro.com

I probably misspoke - the new integrator does not have any hostile intentions - they could not care less, I suppose - I was referring to the end customer and, maybe, their insurance company.

I could not get anything even remotely similar to support until I registered a paid account on IPVM.

RA
Ramy Ayad
Jul 26, 2018

Anton,

As Paul already mentioned we don't require any paid membership or even free membership, you just simply pickup the phone and contact tech support.

The phone number "877-213-1222" it is also on our website below

https://www.hanwhasecurity.com/contacts/

I will email you contact to get your feedback if you had any bad experience with our support team.

Thank you

Anton Miller
Jul 26, 2018
Shaked Projects
jc
james cordell
Aug 01, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Thanks for all the comments.

1)  I have a local manufacturer rep, who provided a local supplier that will match the cheapest online price and provide extended warranty.

2) Totally agree with comment on ease of use, both installer and guard that operates the system says much easier to use.  

3) Only issue so far is size of external USB drive to attach to DVR for software burning, wont recognize 1TB, didn't see any limits in documentation.  Still researching.

James "Kelly" Cordell

UM
Aug 01, 2018

Check the file system/formatting of the drive.  Maybe try FAT32.  Also, try a smaller USB 3.0 flash drive, such as 16 or 32gb.  Also note that some USB ports are 2.0 and others are 3.0.  If you are using a 3.0 drive, look for a 3.0 port.  They are blue if you look at the port.  The manual also calls out which ports are which.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions