Subscriber Discussion

Jemez Technology? Any Experience Or Recommendations?

Sagy Amit
Nov 15, 2013

Their website has very limited details about Jemez Technology.

I tried to call the phone number but it goes to a personal mobile voicemail.

Does anyone have any experience with this technology?

JH
John Honovich
Nov 15, 2013
IPVM

I know they are a Microsoft GSOC partner and I have heard about them through their connections to that, but that's it.

Ross Vander Klok
Nov 15, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Considering their products page has not been updated since 8/12/2010 I am guessing they are not too active anymore. Partner’s page is the only thing that has been updated since 2011 on their site.

Ray Bernard
Nov 15, 2013

I got to be hands-on with this technology in 2010 in a demo suite at the annual ASIS conference. The Jemez Technology folks had a partnership with a VMS manufacturer (not a mainstream company) and Verizon, and so we got to use the VMS company's field demo cameras live with the Jemez analytics and it worked very well (i.e. what we expected to see is what happened).

The surprising element to me was that the analytics worked at 320x240 resolution, which is something that has been commented on elsewhere on IPVM—the fact that most analytics work with low resolution images, not megapixel images. The assertion was that you could feasibily do analytics in the cloud—because low resolution/low frame rate video worked well. After all, that is the video on which most of the analytic algorithms were developed, before the advent of megapixel cameras.

I spent about 2 hours altogether with a technology briefing, discussions, and about 20 minutes hands on playing with the cameras an analytics, and checking out the VMS.

I did not have any further contact with them.

Geoffrey Leader
Mar 27, 2019

I hate to drag up the past but does any one active on IPVM have any information or working history with Jemez?  It is being proposed as a solution for one of our locations but I have never heard good or bad about them and the site here doesn't have much.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 27, 2019

Reach out to Daniel Forrest at Eyeforce.net, I think he can help you out. 

DD
Dan Droker
Mar 28, 2019
LONG Building Technologies • IPVMU Certified

We used them for a project about two years ago. A Jemez software module ran on Axis thermal cameras, and directed PTZs to the appropriate points to capture intruders. We got good support during setup and it worked very well. Unfortunately, the customer stopped using it and decided to manage their PTZs differently, so we didn't get to see it work long term.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jun 12, 2020

Hi,

Seems that Jemez is still around and doing business. I see that the discussion started in 2013 and then again in early 2019. Jemez have a nice website but not a lot of information.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 12, 2020
IPVM

#2, there are so many video analytic companies now, including dozens of new startups in the past few years that it is hard for most to stand out. Related Directory Of 148 Video Analytics Suppliers

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Jun 12, 2020

Yes, my company has worked very closely with Jemez over the past few months. We have been impressed with their performance in side-by-side testing with other analytical engines.

Contact

Bob Finocchioli

818 378-8778 (cell)

bob@jemeztechnology.com

(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Jun 12, 2020

I believe they have raised a significant amount of money via PE (>$5M, <$10M) within the last year and have made a couple of significant (good) hires to push commercialization/sales. They were recently selected an Axis ACAP vendor of the year but, you know, awards and all! They have been very active promoting a Calipsa-like solution with Sureview. Unfortunately no personal experience with the various products, first or second hand. I was hoping to catch them in one of the IPVM showcases to no avail...

(1)
Mike Intag
Jun 25, 2020
Evolon • IPVMU Certified

Hi Everyone! Yes, we are still around and experiencing tremendous growth. However, that’s no excuse for not paying better attention to this board or getting involved with the online shows.

For years we have been Axis Development Partner (Partner of the Year - multiple years) with a major focus on edge video analytics for perimeter security of critical infrastructure. More recently we have grown our portfolio to include an AI product (Verify) in a partnership with Sureview/Immix to significantly reduce false alarms in Central Monitoring Stations.

We also changed our name (just this week) from Jemez Technology to EVOLON www.evolontech.com. Hopefully, it will be easier to pronounce and better represent how we are evolving as a company.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you or direct you to a customer for reference.

Mike Intag – mintag@evolontech.com or mintag@jemeztechnology.com

(1)
MH
Michael Hough
Jun 26, 2020

They are a very good company to work with for complex situational and tracking issues.

They literally are "Rocket Scientists"

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions