Subscriber Discussion

Does Anyone Have A Recommendation For A Freezer PTZ That Is Near Loading Dock Door? Ra?

PC
Peter Casey
Aug 11, 2016

Freezing temperatures meet heat causing condensation in the camera.. Currently using 2mp PTZ from Hik.. Cameras are Outdoor PTZs.. Can't seem to keep the water out. Any input would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

Pete 

Tyler Blake
Aug 11, 2016
BCI Integrated Solutions

There are heated PTZ enclosures you could try. Hik does have corrosive environment / explosion cams coming out that will likely be sealed better. Could also go with something like a marine PTZ from Bosch believe it is their MIC400 series that would be fully waterproof but that would be $$$.

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Maybe go stainless and nitrogen filled:

Axis q6045-s

Tyler Blake
Aug 11, 2016
BCI Integrated Solutions

Yep. Same as I what I was thinking. This is marine grade, and pretty much anything marine should work from the major manufacturers.

PC
Peter Casey
Aug 11, 2016

Thank you guys. Was trying to find something a little less than the 3k price tag as I have several I would like to replace but all signs are pointing to that direction...thanks again for the feedback.

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

What's the IP rating of your Hik dome?

Maybe you can take it up a notch?

Paul Grefenstette
Aug 11, 2016

We have used Avigilon fixed domes in cold storage warehouses successfully and we made sure to fill the camera with silica packets as some of the cameras were near the dock doors where warm air would come in and cause dome condensation -- if you haven't tried that with some large packets do that first

(1)
Tyler Blake
Aug 11, 2016
BCI Integrated Solutions

I think the issue is that it is a PTZ rather than a fixed. The PTZ is going to have more moving parts and a higher likelihood of air getting in through the gaskets. If it were a fixed I would say use lots of vasoline on the gaskets and stuff it full of silica packets like you said.

I think the cheapest fix is going to be a heater/blower air proof enclosure which would probably cost about 400 per ptz rather than a wholesale swap out for marine under water or marine environment cameras that are going to be 3.5-4k.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions