Subscriber Discussion

Do You Usually Work On The Weekends?

U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 05, 2015
IPVMU Certified

It seems to me that more people are working on the weekends than before. On the other hand, a lot of people don't seem to be working during the week, so maybe it balances out.

If this were a poll, I'd imagine the early results might be biased. Though not quite as much as a poll entitled, "Do you check IPVM on the weekend?". That one would be almost guaranteed to be near 100%, for a couple days. :)

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Dec 05, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Our technicians don't work weekends, I will rarely do field or office work on weekends.

keith maxwell
Dec 05, 2015
Northeast Remote Surveillance and alarm, LLC

I think it depends on your target customer base. If your targeting home owners its a no brainer to make yourself available. We focus on Commercial, Industrial, Municipal and work weekends when the work load mandates it. You can be a whole lot productive when your not working around a fully staffed facility.

Disclaimer :) "Only when the fishing is not productive"

U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 05, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Only when the fishing is not productive...

Fishing as in Catfish or Cat 6?

Or 

(4)
Mark Jones
Dec 05, 2015

I don't work or check IPVM on weekends.

(2)
(1)
(5)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Dec 05, 2015

It's mostly office work on the weekends. Technical work only in the event of an emergency.

I think it's more common for the smaller businesses to work on weekends, but I could be wrong.

SN
Simon Nazaretian
Dec 07, 2015

Yes, I work weekends and unlike many I don't think that this is a bad thing. My opinion here is a little skewed given that I have always worked in "start up" cultures where everyone wears multiple hats. In these kinds of environments no one "tells" you to work weekends (or long hours), you just do it because the work needs to get done.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 07, 2015
IPVMU Certified

You know who works weekends?

Crime works weekends. And holidays for that matter.

That's why I make it a point to punch in for a full shift pretty much every weekend that there's not a NFL/NBA/MLB game on.

But that's just me...

Ari Erenthal
Dec 07, 2015
Chesapeake & Midlantic

We're closed on Friday afternoon and Saturdays, but we're open on Sundays.

I personally work one Sunday a month on average.

Jon Dillabaugh
Dec 10, 2015
Pro Focus LLC

While I don't make it a matter of policy to work weekends, I do when it is needed. We sometimes will have clients that need us to make our noise and mess overnight, over a weekend, on a specific date and time, and we will usually comply. We try our best to make it easy to do business with us, which we hopes makes us more valuable to the client.

JH
John Honovich
Dec 10, 2015
IPVM
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Dec 10, 2015

How many of us are posting anonymously because we don't want our bosses to know that we don't like working weekends...

U
Undisclosed #1
Dec 10, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Next Discussion: "Do you like your Boss?"

Ari Erenthal
Dec 10, 2015
Chesapeake & Midlantic

I don't think that learning any of my employees hate working on the weekends would shock me.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions