Subscriber Discussion

What Major Changes Have Occurred In The Biometrics Market In 2014 / 2015?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Nov 17, 2015

Trying to get a sense of the biometrics market here. What products are best for integration into access control systems? Is there a big demand?

I've read the Favorite Biometrics report, but I was wondering if the biometrics market has changed as drastically in the last year and a half as the surveillance market has.

Thanks.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 17, 2015
IPVM

"I was wondering if the biometrics market has changed as drastically in the last year and a half as the surveillance market has."

I changed the title to emphasize this. Asking people what they offer is a different question than if the market has changed recently.

(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Nov 17, 2015

Thanks.

KA
Konstantin Avramenko
Nov 17, 2015

For access control, suitable modalities are still fingerprints, vein pattern, iris and facial recognition. Fingerprints is the most employed modality and there are numerous options on the market as from the point of software as hardware sensors. There are solutions for the real-time identification of visitors that based mostly on the facial recognition and sometimes on iris. It is also possible to find multi-biometric products for access control.

Apple, Microsoft, Visa, MasterCard - if you search news you will find these and other known names in connection with word Biometrics. It looks like that biometrics becomes part of our life and I believe that it will be the next big thing for the security and video surveillance.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions