Subscriber Discussion

Do You Make Techs Pay For Their Own Parking Or Speeding Tickets?

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 07, 2017

This came up on Facebook, and I wanted to get IPVM's perspective on this. 

I always held my techs responsible if they get a moving violation, but I always felt that parking tickets is just a tax you pay for being allowed to work in a big city. There's no parking, there won't be any parking, there's no parking two, three, or four blocks away. Parking lots are expensive, a lot of them won't accept trucks, and it's impossible to get anything from your truck if you happen to forget something. 

If a tech got a parking ticket in the suburbs, I'd be mad. But a few tickets a month in the city is to be expected. 

What do you think? 

(3)
Ari Erenthal
Jun 07, 2017
Jason Neubauer
Jun 07, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Anything but a parking ticket is their responsibility.  They are in control of the vehicle.

A parking ticket maybe worth it to cut down labor hours, so the company pays

(3)
Christopher Freeman
Jun 07, 2017

Yes , Must be accountable for own actions and what they cause 

HP
Heikki Peltomäki
Jun 12, 2017

The driver, let it be a tech or what ever (LEO & emergency services on duty are another thing), is always responsible for speeding. I'd imagine that saving in parking tickets in a big city would cause alot of useless hours in pay per month due to looking for a spot and maybe walking from a greater distance to the client. And if they wont find a spot, it also adds up to the possible parking ticket they might get anyway, so its wasted time looking for a non-existent spot AND the parking tickets. So I'd say that a few parking tickets here and there are fine, as long as its under control. If you agree to pay certain amount of parking tickets per month for example, you need to set strict rules for it. Driver needs to look for a spot before parking elsewhere for a certain amount of time etc., you just have to calculate what that proper time is.

Disclaimer: Im not from a big city (we don't have any big cities in Finland really) so its just my opinion from visiting these cities abroad.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions