Subscriber Discussion

Do You Charge A Different Amount For Monitoring Burglar On Residential Then Commercial?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 19, 2017

Do you charge a different amount for monitoring burglar on residential then commercial? My monitoring company charges me the same, so I was going to do that as well. However one of my sales reps is pushing me saying everything is more with commercial.

Thanks

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jul 19, 2017

Generally speaking, everything IS more with commercial. My feelings are that the systems tend to be more complicated, usage tends to be higher, so the need for service is higher. employee turnover means you will have training requirements and questions more often. Newer businesses may go under. This means the rate should show that. Plus, the chances of getting sued are higher as well if something does fail in your process.

The other side of the coin is maybe they should be the same but its your resi pricing that should go up to match your commercial price?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions