Subscriber Discussion

Do Any TVI Or CVI Capture Cards Exist?

U
Undisclosed #1
May 21, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Related, what's the most Analog HD inputs on one DVR around? 16?

DW
David Westberry
May 21, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Not sure on the cards. LTS offers 24/32CH TVI recorders - (Hikvision OEM)

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
May 21, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Thanks!

JM
John McNally
Jun 08, 2015

Exar are about to release a four channel HDCVI PCIe receiver and encoder card. It is the VRC7004HDCVI.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 09, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Thanks John! It was announced at the beginning of the year that Exar was developing CVI product, this sounds like the first fruits.

Also interesting to note is that there are now two HDcctv Steering Committee Member [sic]:

Although I wouldn't attach too much significance to Exar's top billing, because unlike seniority ranked Manufacturing Members, Steering Committee Members are ranked alphabetically.*

*E comes before Z

JM
John McNally
Jun 12, 2015

The part number of the board has changed to XR5R921 which is the Exar part No. style. The old Stretch Inc. part numbers are being dropped for new boards. You will be able to see it if you are at IFSEC in London next week.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 12, 2015
IPVM

John,

Are these boards primarily or only for recorder manufacturers? In other words, do you sell or allow integrators / end users to buy them individually for addition to their own COTS VMS servers?

JM
John McNally
Jun 12, 2015

Integrators will be able to buy the cards from Exar, but the drivers will need to be supplied by the VMS vendor, as is the case for the current range of Exar/Stretch cards.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 13, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Do you know of any VMS vendors that have or have committed to writing/supplying such drivers?

Moreover, are they interested in writing them? esp. in the case of Milestone where they are only charging one license per IP.

On the other hand if the VMSes were to get behind this and faciltate the creation of high-density hybrids, they might be able to take this low-cost camera technology to new class of customers that require a best of breed VMS.

JM
John McNally
Jun 15, 2015

I cannot give you the names of the VMS venders we are working with but I expect that those vendors who support our current range of Analog SD and/or HD-SDI boards will at some point include HD-CVI support in their hardware/software.

SF
Sylvain FABRE
Feb 04, 2016

We are now in Feb. 2016, and i am still searching a TVI (or AHD) capture boards. I do not see anything on the Exar website and the Stretch website is not clear about which card supports what.

Any progress/information on that ?

Thanks.

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I don't even see any TVI encoders in any other form than DVR.

JM
John McNally
Feb 05, 2016

You can get an update on the status if you send an email to videotechsupport@exar.com.

JM
John McNally
Apr 14, 2016

I found out today that there has been a problem recently with emails sent to videotechsupport@exar.com bouncing. It has now been fixed and so if anyone has any questions about HDCVI add-in cards, please send an email to videotechsupport@exar.com and I will respond.

The Exar website has recently updated and so you will find information about add-in cards at http://www.exar.com/products/video/dvr-pcie-cards/dvr-pcie-cards

U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 14, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Hopefully not to sound ungrateful, but given the events of the past week, are the triple standard HDCVI 3.0 cards in the works as well?

JM
John McNally
Apr 14, 2016

You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 14, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Lol.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions