Subscriber Discussion

Do 180-Degree Cameras Typically Require More Than One VMS Channel?

MI
Matt Ion
Jan 28, 2016

I have one channel left on an NVR, and a 180-degree camera would be most effective for the coverage required. Do most multi-sensor cameras output as multiple streams, or do they usually stitch the image internally and send as a single stream?

TC
Trisha (Chris' wife) Dearing
Jan 28, 2016
IPVMU Certified

It varies by manufacturer:

Stitchers

1. Axis
  2. Pelco
  3. ICRealtime
  4. Scallop
  5. Digital Watchdog

Stitchless

1. Arecont
  2. Avigilon
  3. Mobotix
  4. Stardot

Unverified. :)

(1)
MI
Matt Ion
Jan 29, 2016

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I heard from the NVR manufacturer this morning, he says the Arecont ones are supported and work on a single channel.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jan 29, 2016
Disclosure: I am a Digital Watchdog rep. Our PANO cameras are only one license. I have confirmed that on Milestone, DW Spectrum, and a slew of "plug-and-play" NVRs (DW's VMAX IP, Vitek's OnCue, and FLIR".
(1)
PK
Patrick Kelly
Jan 29, 2016

Disclosure: I am a DW Representative

Off course Panzilla will be stitched/one license in DW Spectrum and multi-streamed to other VMS

Panzilla

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jan 29, 2016
Chris, How are the Arecont's "stitchless"? They are multi-sensor, unless referring to their fisheye/panamorphs...please expand.
TC
Jan 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Just meaning that they provide nothing that 'stictches' together all the imagers into one stream which can then be viewed on one channel like Matt was asking.

I haven't checked in a while to make sure they don't have one now though, has that changed?

MI
Matt Ion
Jan 30, 2016

The NVR manufacturer told me that all Arecont models are supported on a single input...

TC
Jan 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Yes they do!

Not only do they stitch them into one stream for you, they fully support the latest Arecont Spurious Sensor Inversion 9:

Why Arecont doesn't provide a stitched view, I'm not sure. CPU?

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions