Subscriber Discussion

DMP And Hikvision Cameras?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jan 12, 2017

Saw cameras listed here  https://dmp.com/video with familiar looks (Hikvision OEM).  Can anyone confirm if generic Hik cameras can work wtih DMP panels? 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 12, 2017

The DMP cameras are hikvision, but I have not tried them on the panel.  I don't know why they wouldn't work. I normally just sell hte DMP ones so that customers cannot amazon price compare as easily.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Jan 13, 2017

They will not. The DMP cameras are Hikvision but are running a DMP firmware. The cameras phone home to DMP's server and you add the camera by MAC address through their website. There is no way to log into the camera, it is locked out.

(1)
Brian Rhodes
Jan 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Interesting.  We are planning a test of DMP and we will examine the cameras as part of that test too.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Nov 29, 2017

Has this test been schedule? What about the new Secura line from DMP?

Brian Rhodes
Nov 29, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We are planning a test of XTLPlus with video, and I'm coordinating it for test in the next week or so, with results published in early December.

What specifically about Secura is interesting to you?  Our understanding is that it mostly is a marketing differentiation, but if there is more to examine we will certainly do that.

IQ
Ino Quandus
Dec 05, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Hi Brian, is this test complete yet? We are looking into DMP so we are very interested in your findings. Thanks.

Brian Rhodes
Dec 05, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Hello Serge, I am working on it this week.  It will be published next week.  Thanks,

(1)
UI
Nov 29, 2017

UI
Nov 29, 2017

It looks different than the XTL Plus. It is supposed to be pre-programmed and have a program to support sales and tech install separate from other DMP lines.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions