Subscriber Discussion

Distributor Recommendation For Dahua Cameras

CD
Chris Douglas
Sep 14, 2016

Hi All,

We had two initial orders with CCTV.net and both had issues.  One got the wrong item number (by one letter) and went to the wrong address.  The other arrived incomplete, missing two items.  It has been a major headache getting both resolved.  I know I'm not buying Axis products, I buy them too through another distributor, but the demand for a lower cost product got the best of us.

I'm curious what experience others have had with CCTV.net - I read somewhere that they were the only official US distributor for Dahua - and who else folks are buying Dahua from and what your experience has been with them.

All feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Sep 14, 2016

Well, ADI also carries Dahua and is an official US distributor

U
Undisclosed #2
Sep 14, 2016
IPVMU Certified
Jon Dillabaugh
Sep 14, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

You could also try SavvyTech Security. They have offices in CA and TX. We have bought from them a few times and had good results.

http://www.savvytechsecurity.com/

(1)
Ethan Ace
Sep 14, 2016

SavvyTech is an OEM, not a distributor, no? Do they sell Dahua branded gear?

Jon Dillabaugh
Sep 14, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

They are an official OEM, I guess. Which is better than an unofficial anything else. I would rather have official Dahua OEM from a reliable source than Dahua branded from an unofficial or unreliable source.

(1)
(1)
(1)
Boris Bronstein
Sep 15, 2016
CCTV.Net

Chris,

If nobody from my company has apologized to yet for the experience, I would like to apologize now.

We did make serious mistakes originally, and some very unusual circumstances beyond our control made the situation much worse.

I will email now directly and provide more information.

If you choose to give us one more chance, we would ensure that your experience is very different.

In any case, we appreciate your feedback and will make sure to learn from our mistakes.

(4)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Oct 09, 2016

I have not had any issues with CCTV.net and I have been using them for the past year. I've only purchased about 160 cameras and several DVR's/NVR's from them so I have received quite a few shipments. I deal directly with a rep as opposed to the online ordering... not sure if that makes a difference.

I also find that they are quick to respond to any questions I may have.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions