Subscriber Discussion

Digital Watchdog MPTZ30X Vs Axis P5415-E?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Oct 08, 2018

Anyone have any thoughts on use of the Digital Watchdog MPTZ30X PTZ versus AXIS P5415-E PTZ? I'm considering them for a system to be designed with a DW NVR. There are 2 PTZs required for exterior use at a recycling facility so I'm interested in any experiences that others may have had with either of these .

Thanks,

(1)
PK
Patrick Kelly
Oct 08, 2018

UD1 we have two DWC-MPTZ30X on our  demo system if you would like to check it out. I can give you cloud access if you  would like. 

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Oct 08, 2018

BlackJack NVR or VMAX IP Plus?

UI
Oct 12, 2018

VMAX IP Plus-

UM
Oct 12, 2018

I’ll defer to Patrick on this one.  I don’t think there’s a 30X on the VIP+ demo site.  

Armando Perez
Oct 08, 2018
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

I actually would like to play with it even though Im not the OP. Once of the big issues I have with blackjack/Nx is the terrible PTZ control. Im wondering if theyve done a better job with their own PTZ.

UM
Oct 08, 2018

Multiple methods of controlling the DW PTZ w/ Spectrum vs 3rd party PTZs.  On 3rd party you only have one method to drive it...let’s call that periscope control.  With Spectrum + DW PTZ, you get periscope control, vector-driven/point and click control, and “draw a box to zoom” control.  Get with Matt Martinez, (or Patrick Kelly, above) he can get you a log in to the DW demo site.  

UI
Oct 12, 2018

Hi Patrick,
Thank you for the offer to try the MPTZ30X out.

And Thanks to Armando and M#2 for the feedback as well.
Bob

UM
Oct 12, 2018

Bob, 

happy to help!

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions