Subscriber Discussion

Digital Watchdog LPR Not Working With New Dahua NVR4208 - Anyone Else Run Into This.

David Watkins
Mar 13, 2018
Intrepid Sentry

We're doing an add-on installation with the DW LPR and a NEW Dahua NVR and they absolutely will not work together.  All of the LPRs (new) can be plugged into existing, older Dahua NVRs and show up with no problem whatsoever.  The NEW NVR works with all of its Dahua cameras - so no issues with both pieces of equipment - all are new and demonstrated to work fine.  Network and ONVIF settings have been checked and double-checked.  Anyone have any ideas?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 13, 2018

I have seen that myself.  It connects but no video. 

David Watkins
Mar 13, 2018
Intrepid Sentry

It is so strange that these things drop in place with the old NVRs easily but just doesn't respond to the newer ones.  You HAVE to think that it is some setting in either the camera or NVR but we can't find anything.  We've gone back to the distributor's tech group but they were NO help.  Let me know if you find anything and I promise if we solve it, I'll post the resolution.  Thanks

David Watkins
Mar 13, 2018
Intrepid Sentry

After pursuing this a little further with my implementation team, it seems that when the NEW NVR scans, it actually sees the LPRs out there but they come up with incorrect subnet info (we have checked this repeatedly and it is correct.)  From there, they attempt to make modifications to correct this and to modify the camera from the NVR and the NVR does not allow any modifications for those particular pieces of equipment.  Yet, the old NVRs have no problem with these sorts of modifications.  Weird.

JH
Jennifer Hackenburg
Mar 15, 2018

Hi David, I am the senior product marketing manager at Dahua. If you need some help with your Dahua NVR, please contact me, I'd be happy to help. product.usa@global.dahuatech.com

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Mar 15, 2018

What model is the DW LPR? What firmware are you running on the Dahua NVR currently?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions