Subscriber Discussion

Looking For Information On Digital Watchdog

Jonathan Morin
Mar 23, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Hi,

I didn't find information here about Digital Watchdog. There seem to have a lot of reps who are responding to people but what about other technician?

What do people think about Digital Watchdog? How do they perform vs Hikvision or axis or Bosch? Does anyone have comment good or bad about that product?

Thanks

Sean Patton
Mar 23, 2018

Jonathan,

We looked into DW just over a year and a half ago, our test is here: IPVM - Network Optix/Digital Watchdog Test

You can also use the search in the upper right-hand corner for DW specific results:

IPVM Search Digital Watchdog

I'm guessing you'll get some integrator responses as well.

Jonathan Morin
Mar 24, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Hello,

I saw that but it din't talk about the quality of their cameras.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 23, 2018
IPVM
Jon Dillabaugh
Mar 26, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

Their cameras are OEMed and not made themselves. The units we have worked with had very buggy firmware and under performed the Axis and Hikvision units we normally sell. They were probably more on par with a Dahua product IMO, maybe a step below. Overall, for the price paid, they are clearly inferior if you ask me. 

However, we love the Spectrum (Nx Witness OEM) product. It is our standard VMS of choice. 

(1)
(2)
Jonathan Morin
Mar 28, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Thanks. I will take a look. May I ask if you know they are OEM from who ?

Jon Dillabaugh
Mar 28, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

One of the suspects was Pravis which was discussed below:

https://ipvm.com/reports/dw-compressor

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions