Subscriber Discussion

Digifort VMS, Competitive Yet More Powerful Than Its Rivals ?

WF
Waleed Faiyaz Ahmed
Aug 10, 2017

I have recently reviewed and installed Digifort VMS system, following are some key features examined which lacks in other VMS platforms 

- DigiFort platform is based on Delphi / Firebird which is less heavier than SQL / Microsoft. Ending up using 40% less processing servers (Management / Recording ) required in a CCTV system

- DigiFort does not charge yearly license or maintenance, it is one time buy only including upgrades (within the same version) 

- By given a business case, addition of known manufacturers to be integrated with DigiFort is free of cost. I understand at this point of time integration partners of DigiFort are limited 

- DigiFort offers 4 platforms , Advance Analytics, Video Synopsis, LPR, Face Recognition. claiming their accuracy level is far better than its rival (VMS's) 

Based on the above, i need comments, opinions or perhaps if IPVM can test latest version of DigiFort VMS. 

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Aug 14, 2017
IPVM

Waleed, thanks for sharing.

Lots of companies make claims of better analytics, but historically so much poor performance has increased skepticism. Also, is Digifort developing their own LPR and face recognition?

As for using less processing servers, again a number of VMSes claim this.

I don't have anything negative to say about Digifort, on the other hand those things are by themselves not big enough to warrant a test.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Aug 15, 2017

I'd also be interested to see more feedback on Digifort - they've clearly been strong in South America for some time, but we're seeing them marketing more in Asia-Pac market now, and they also have a very mature approach (apparently) to OEM'ing third party products within their VMS - their Video Synopsis is almost certainly Briefcam OEM and highly likely that their LPR and FR is third party also.

As a small partner product provider, there's a lot to like about Digifort approach to third party integrations if their core VMS product is capable in it's own right.

Rafael Oneda
Aug 22, 2017

Digifort's video synopsis is actually Briefcam OEM and his LPR are Carmen OEM. This is public information... in this white paper they inform: "Digifort works with the CARMEN engine".

As John says, the VMSes manufacturers claims a lot of things that can not be verified. So, I also would like to see a VMSes comparison in IPVM.

Rafael Oneda
Jan 30, 2018

Hey John...

What about a update and upgrade of this report?

Maybe do you can use the IPVM community's opinion to rate the VMSes features.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions