Camera Application: I have a OEM manufacturing client looking for a particular IP camera for use by a Truck Trailer Operator of their product who will observe & control the automated hookup & detachment processes of Loading and Unloading Large containers using the operator's truck or trailer.
NOTE: I have had difficulty finding camera candidates that fit all my criteria even after calling various IP camera stores / Security experts. I am hopeful that IPVM members can help.
Camera Purpose: To provide low resolution video images for Truck/Trailer Operator to see simple but automated hookup and detachment process of loading and unloading procedure.
Camera Installation: Mounted on rear of Truck / Trailer within a hardened Steel frame (Size is customizable but needs to be relatively small) off to one side of Truck or Trailer frame. Full size box security camera is too big to fit. Most critical dimension would be camera depth along viewing axis as the Loaded containers tend to be almost the full width of the truck/trailer.
Camera Image Viewer: Custom Android App with Video view on half of screen that can currently only accept HTTP: protocol based MJPEG streams. Therefore camera needs to have a known/public/published HTTP URL connection string. NOTE: The other half of the Android App has the pushbutton control of Loader equipment.
Current Camera Requirements:
- IP Camera, Wired or wireless (Note: Vehicle/trailer already has existing Ethernet network that can be wired or wireless).
- Camera will be installed outdoor (IP66)
- Low resolution requirement (SVGA)
- Relatively small sized camera desired but the hardened (steel)installation box / bracket can be adjusted to fit the selected camera.
- Camera must have a known HTTP based MJPEG URL connection string to work with current custom viewer app.
- Operating out in the elements, therefore need to consider potential for Low Light visibility, humidity / dust, anti-fog etc.
- 12 Volt power would be ideal.
- Cost of $200 or less is preferred.
Cameras Tried / looked at thus far:
- COTS Auto Backup camera; could not obtain the connection string for our viewer
- FOSCAM F18905W; worked but was just physically too big
- Android Smartphone camera via IP camera app; worked but obviously is not suited for several reason including weather tight, cost etc. but worked well for bench testing and demonstration.
- SINOCAM 1.0 MP Outdoor camera model SN-IPC-6409A; This was our best candidate to date except we could not determine the HTTP: based MJPEG URL connection string.
- OpenEye CM-711 2MP HD Outdoor IP dome camera; the dome may work very nicely as it is only 1.75 inches high in the critical dimension and it does have a known HTTP based MJPEG connection string, however, the resolution specs are a bit more than we need, otherwise its a nice camera that should meet most of our needs, perhaps especially for our mid-grade category below?
3 Possible Camera Types/Grades/Categories: Fair Weather Operations (Lowest Cost), Full Spectrum Weather (four seasons) (Mid Cost), Bad or Harsh Weather Operations (Highest Cost)
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.