Would appreciate recommendations or shared experiences on staffing levels for video surveillance installation. This would be for 500 cameras with SAN storage, and three camera vendors including Areconts. We are considering insourcing support due to poor VAR experience. Would involve the following duties:
- Sys Admin of SAN, Servers, and VMS software
- Perform and coordinate VMS software upgrades with Camera firmware upgrades.
- Troubleshoot camera issues and possibly replace cameras.
- Annual testing of redundancy.
- Monitor resource usage such as disk and CPU.
- Vendor Liason or possibly Liason with VAR who may stay involved as backup.
If anyone has gone through this process of insourcing, that would help as well because there are all sorts of other questions to consider such as licensing and support costs with the vendors.