Subscriber Discussion

Dahua Vandal Dome Mount Option That Doesn't Penetrate Housing Of Camera?

Matt Barber
Feb 07, 2017

Hello all,

I recall reading someone's post that indicated there is a Dahua vandal dome camera or mount, that allows you to avoid penetrating the body of the camera when mounting to a surface.

Is anyone familiar with what I am talking about?

Other manufacturers would be considered as well if they are truly "sealed" domes.

We have some customers installing in car washes and other very wet environments.  Keeping the body of the camera sealed would be ideal.  We have seen some cams take damage from moisture making it's way into the housing through the penetration holes where the screws to mount to the ceiling or wall.   

Thanks for any advice.

MB
Matt Bischof
Feb 08, 2017

Hi Matt...

You have a few options, and everyone has their own preferences, but I'm partial to an eyeball camera form factor for car wash applications.  With these, you'll have options as far as compatible mounts go, and you have a fully sealed housing.  While the same can be said of the bullet cameras, you open the opportunity for standing water, wicking, etc.

May I ask what your lens requirements are?  Mounting height?

(1)
(1)
MB
Matt Bischof
Feb 08, 2017

Also, I just received the message you sent to my customer service department... I just texted you, so please feel free to get back in touch with me at your leisure!

Matt Barber
Feb 08, 2017

Thanks Matt.   I will follow up.

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Feb 08, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

I believe you are referring to my post about how Dahua usually has this design feature. Of course, there is still a o-ring seal that would need to be in place, but you won't get infiltration through to mounting holes, since these fall outside of the o-ring.

(1)
MB
Matt Bischof
Feb 08, 2017

Thanks Jon… Actually, Matt and I had a nice long conversation this afternoon and I think I left him with a couple more ideas.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions