Undisclosed #1
Apr 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified

The cliff:

The report.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Apr 30, 2016

Coukd you please clarify section 3 for me?

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Does this help?

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified
  1. operating income increased 48.24% compared with the same period last year, mainly due to the expanding of sales;
  2. operating costs increased 46.28% compared with the same period last year, mainly as revenue growth, due to a corresponding increase in costs;
  3. cost of sales increased 74.13 percent compared with the same period last year, mainly to strengthen the company's marketing, due to increased marketing investment;
  4. administrative expenses increased 42.48% compared with the same period last year, mainly to expand the size of the company, research and development expenses and other related costs due to increase investment;
  5. Financial expenses increased 164.03% compared with the same period last year, mainly due to the impact of interest expense and foreign exchange gains and losses;
  6. changes in fair values increased 136.85% over the same period last year, the company is mainly due to changes in foreign exchange forward contracts, gains and losses;
  7. investment income 84.90% lower than last year, mainly due to reverse repurchase treasury income over the previous year due to the reduction in the same period;
  8. operating income increased by 244.87% compared with the same period last year, mainly software VAT refund due to the increase over the previous year;
  9. operating expenses increased 57.98% over the previous year, mainly due to water conservancy fund with revenue growth;
  10. income tax expense increased 181.02% compared with the same period last year, mainly due to income tax and profit growth with total growth.
(1)
JH
John Honovich
May 02, 2016
IPVM

1, thanks for bringing this up. It is a very strange case but I think the Google (and mainstream stock quote) reports are wrong.

I had a China based economics expert review this and they say local stock data shows no sharp move (or fall) in the stock price.

I think he's right (besides the fact that he's a known expert) because (1) Shenzhen only allows 10% max daily moves while Google shows ~30% drop in a day, (2) the Q1 results are quite strong so it does not fit or explain a price drop and (3) I cannot find any other negative information or stories that would explain a drop.

U
Undisclosed #1
May 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I can't find anything either, except that they implemented a Employee Stock Ownership Program, ESOP, and I was thinking maybe there was a fractional stock split or some other administrative application to accommodate this.

So, what does your friend say the price/per share is currently, ~18 ?

JH
John Honovich
May 02, 2016
IPVM

The economics expert, who we hire as a consultant, says the most recent price was the in ~13.5 RMB range.

U
Undisclosed #1
May 02, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I believe there was a 3:1 stock split (confidence level 80%) at the same time that the earnings came out, which unadjusted would show like this:

The adjusted numbers show that the stock actually rose a good deal:

The reason for the split may have been to make the stock cheaper to buy per unit to facilitate the newly created employee stock ownership program, (conf. lev. 65%).

Google may not have recognized the split action, (c.l. 50%), yet but I have no idea why they show 18, not 33, before the split.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
May 13, 2016
IPVM

From Chinese financial site:

"Dahua issued to all shareholders bonus shares for every 10 shares 8 shares"

We also have been investigating Dahua's profits and have a post on that coming next week.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions