IPVM

From this video:

Also their traffic stats to Dahuawiki.com:

(1)
(2)
Armando Perez
Mar 25, 2017
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ok. Thanks for the laugh John.

(1)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Mar 25, 2017

You guys in the US are so lucky! From what I've heard it's a different story in EMEA!!

(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
May 25, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

No, it's not. 

(1)
JH
Jay Hobdy
Mar 25, 2017
IPVMU Certified

What a joke. They have been advertising the IVS feature for a while. I started playing with it, and the new Smart PSS 2.0 and nobody seems to know how it works. I even called Dahua support directly, they do not know the ins and outs.

Their how to videos suck. How do you have a how to video with no audio to explain what you are doing, why, how the system works, etc

Has anyone been on their learning portal?

I guess we get what we pay for

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 25, 2017

Dude in the video claims Dahua is 'arguably' #1 in support based primarily on two things - first call close rate and their new(er) wiki.

First call close is an efficiency metric that seeks to lower overall back-end support costs.  If the front line support person can answer the question/reset the password/send documentation, etc - then this is a first call close (referring to the support ticket)... the support person does not need to send the issue to anyone else, and the 'problem' is solved (and closed) - in one call.

As a long-time technical support professional, I can tell you that 'first call close' - while always the goal of each support call - is yuuuugely dependent on a number of different things.

Like how complex the supported systems are.

Like how well the callers are trained on these systems.

Like how weak your FAQ and other support resources you make available to the public are (i.e. people have to call for simple things cuz they aren't available any other way).

Like the longevity of your technical support analysts (the longer on the job, the more stuff they see and learn, the higher the first call close #s).

Like how many tickets are first call closed, but have to be re-opened because the solution was not actually found.

The guy claims they are at 90% first call close and that they are aiming for 95%.

I would maintain that any support team in a complex technical environment that has a first call close rate as high as they do needs to find other ways for people to be able to get the information/reset their own passwords/find their own answer - without having to call a human at Dahua to get this done.

And as far as their 'wiki' goes, calling your FAQ/Support Documentation page a wiki does not make it something other than a FAQ/Support Documentation page.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #3
Mar 25, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Like how many tickets are first call closed, but have to be re-opened because the solution was not actually found.

Or worse, when a new ticket is created for the second call, and you end-up with 2 hole-in-ones instead of an eagle.

U
Undisclosed #4
May 24, 2017
Kyle Folger
May 27, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I was going to post about this website the other day and what I was going to comment about has been semi fixed. There aren't the horrible low resolution images anymore. Now there are better images, but some images are cut off. Tip, just get rid of the rotating banners. Follow IPVM, for example, and put a static call to action at the upper third of the page. Answer the question regarding what do you want visitors to click on or see first. Rotating images were cool 10 years ago but they aren't really very effective. Considering your audience is probably integrators, they most likely know what your product looks like. Also, if you are asking for credentials, you could make sure the site has an SSL cert. Most sites should have an SSL cert anyway since Let's Encrypt is making that more accessible for all. +1 for making sure the website is responsive.

The learn Dahua logo at the top should be replaced with a high resolution version and it wouldn't hurt to ad some padding to the left margin where the text for Available Courses starts. Perhaps center align Calendar and Available Courses.

I have found the Dahua Wiki page to be somewhat useful since it was created. 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions