Greetings:

I have lurked here for a few months, maybe there is someone who can assist me. I am looking to purchase about seven Dahua IP cameras, a mix of ourdoor PTZ, fixed and indoor. I have the Dahua part numbers from the 10_2014 catalog ready to order.

The total order volume is about 2800 USD not including shipping. These prices are from two Alibaba "gold" suppliers, both of which advertise their participation in trade assurance, similar to an escrow.

The one supplier I was working with who confirmed their participation in trade assurance backed out of the deal after I received an invoice and wanted to be paid directly. The other supplier refused trade assurance from the beginning, however she said she could order the Dahua branded cameras.

My first impression is that if I am a manufacturer, and I put my name on it, its more likely to get the first quality product, a "generic" product can be resold to a distributor and if there are any quality issues it becomes their problem. That is why I am skeptical of the generics.

I am sort of the "unofficial" IT person at work, we use these cameras to provide weather info to our pilots, if we had to pay US prices they would be prohibitive as its about double the grey market cost. I am rather computer literate, and am suppoprting the cameras we have now, and do not need someone to guide me through the setup. I can flash English firmware, no problem, as long as I can get access to the file. I don't mind grey market so long as the product is the real item and not a counterfeit. Our need is immediate....I can wait three weeks though, for the order process.

I am aware of the changing position of Dahua on sales outside of China, but their product is getting to the US anyway.

CAN ANYONE help me and name a REPUTABLE distributor they have done business with in China? Or someone in the US who can just sell me the product(s) without having to support me? I see these on Newegg.com for about double the cost, even those resellers have poor feedback because of some counterfeits. I don't mind paypal for one, maybe two cameras but if am going to send 2800.00 USD directly some feedback on sources would be needed.

If you could be kind enough to provide contact info I would be grateful. I would even buy you a dinner (paypal) to say thanks.

Thank you