Subscriber Discussion

Dahua Rep Very Helpful, Also Mentioned Possibility Of Reimbursement For Billable Hours

Orlando Ayala
Mar 09, 2017

Just received a phone call from a Dahua representative. She asked what products I had deployed in order to streamline my update process. She seemed genuinely concerned and was very helpful when I pressed her on some specific questions. Between this and the 3 emails I have received since Monday I have to say I feel like they are moving quickly and with a purpose to alleviate this enormous problem. 

That in no way absolves them from what is apparently egregious incompetence or bad will. But I've always been one to respect those that own their mistakes and bad judgement.

On an interesting side note, she mentioned the possibility of reimbursement for billable hours or even sending out Dahua techs to apply updates for us(not happening even if true). She also mentioned that Dahua OEM is a separate entity from Dahua N.A. and updates should be acquired from the OEM directly.

NOTICE: This comment was moved from an existing discussion: Dahua Backdoor Uncovered

(5)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 09, 2017
IPVM

Orlando, thanks for that comment. I moved it to its own discussion because the original thread is now 100+ comments which means it will be hard for people to see it.

I am glad Dahua is helping you. This is the most positive feedback we have heard from dealers this week.

If they reimburse, that would be awesome and kudos to Dahua!

(2)
JH
Jay Hobdy
Mar 09, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I posted in the other thread but I now see this. Dahua has emailed me twice, no phone call but the email did say they would be reaching out.

JH
Jay Hobdy
Mar 11, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Got my phone call yesterday. Rep seemed helpful but we just didn't have much of a need as none of our prospects have expressed any interest in resolving the issue.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 12, 2017
IPVM

none of our prospects have expressed any interest in resolving the issue.

Jay, what has your prospects feedback to you been?

JH
Jay Hobdy
Mar 13, 2017
IPVMU Certified

These are prospects and not really customers. Maybe a couple customers. It has just been real nonchalant.

We have only had a 1 on 1 conversation with a couple clients so far regarding security and they just let it go in one ear and out the other. Their systems have been up for a couple years at multiple sites. I assume they think if its working why fix it....

We did not install these, we just have done some work for them.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 11, 2017
IPVMU Certified

On an interesting side note, she mentioned the possibility of reimbursement for billable hours...

bashis should submit an invoice ;)

(1)
(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions