Subscriber Discussion

Dahua CVI 3.0 Rolls Out "Penta-Brid" Compatibility

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Claiming 5 way compatibility between CVI, TVI, AHD, Analog and even IP, HD-CVI covers all the bases...

It basically has every capability known to man:

Compatibility
Dahua HDCVI 3.0 effortlessly integrates with five popular industry platforms—
HDCVI, AHD, TVI, IP and analog—and can accept input from IP systems. DVRs equipped with HDCVI3.0 technology can act as an access point to integrate with external passive infrared sensors, smoke detectors and other type of sensors, to further provide comprehensive security services.

Ultra HD
Dahua HDCVI3.0delivers a true end-to-end ultra HD experience to existing coaxial systems. It is the first technology that realizes 4-megapixel resolution over coaxial cabling. Meanwhile, it also offers Dahua Starlight night vision technology that includes2-megapixel resolution at 0.008 lux illumination and 120dB WDR. Additionally, it features H.265 compression standard that allows the system to save up to 50% bandwidth.

Intelligence
Dahua HDCVI3.0 features rich intelligence including facial recognition, people counting, heat map, smart tracking, and smart scene adaption. Other basic smart features include intrusion, virtual tripwire, missing object, abandoned object and scene change. Defogging and a voltage overload alarm are also included.

Ok, I am a little worried about that Cat 5 Coax or whatever the hell is in the picture, but hey it's a small price to pay...

Marty Major
Jun 29, 2016
Teledyne FLIR

I refuse to use the made up 'word' penta-brid.

Hybrid is a real word - and Tri-brid is acceptable as a made up word because 'tri' means 3 and it rhymes with hybrid.

But that is where I draw the line in word play.

*FTR, Although they seem to have skipped over this one, I would be against 'quad-brid' - for the same reasons.

(3)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified

*FTR, Although they seem to have skipped over this one, I would be against 'quad-brid' - for the same reasons.

Technically, between Tri and Penta comes Tetra, yet Tetra-brid is only marginally easier to say and less known than either quad or penta or even quinta for that matter.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Good news, it appears the Dahua's resolve may be weakening when it comes to the brand name one-upmanship, as they are now allowing an alternative to Penta-brid:

HDCVI 3.0 is compatible will all five major technologies available in today’s video surveillance market: standard analog, HDCVI, HDTVI, Analog HD (AHD) and IP. The industry has progressed from “hybrid” to “tribrid,” and one technology has been called “quad‐brid.” In that vein, HDCVI 3.0 is “penta‐brid” or “full‐brid".

Jokes welcome.

P.S. Here's the "white paper" for HD-CVI PentaFull Brid

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Hybrid is a real word - and Tri-brid is acceptable as a made up word because 'tri' means 3 and it rhymes with hybrid.

Agree. I emailed them last night and suggested Fi-brid.

Marty Major
Jun 29, 2016
Teledyne FLIR

I emailed them and suggested model number B4D_455

(2)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

They "re-empowered the coax" but did they figure out how to power it in the first place?

Like Hik, for instance?

Sean Nelson
Jun 30, 2016
Nelly's Security

if it could do SDI it would be a sextaprid

(1)
Marty Major
Jun 30, 2016
Teledyne FLIR

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified

This may help explain where the Dahuan Marketing is "coming from"...

(2)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 30, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Sorry, embed failure.

Here's link to clip...

(1)
ML
Moe Levine
Jul 08, 2016

Has anyone managed to figure out when these new items are available for purchase? I have a big job of converting an existing warehouse with SD to HD, if this new line is released and I can get some 4MP cameras over coax I'd love to go to version 3.0 as opposed to 2.0.

If anyone has an idea or know how I can find out, I'd really appreciate it.

MC
Marty Calhoun
Jul 31, 2016
IPVMU Certified

HURRY, HURRY All of the Hikvision haters out there your boat has arrived, Jump right on this, Dahua makes great products and its backed up with a wonderful North American support team! Nevermind BETA testing concerns, or poor customer service anything is better than that Chinese Hikvision stuff.

I recommend that all of the folks that Dislike Hikvision please check out Dahua ASAP......

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

...anything is better than that Chinese Hikvision stuff.

I recommend that all of the folks that Dislike Hikvision please check out Dahua ASAP......

Thanks for the tip. I had always kind of lumped them together with Hik, without thinking about it. It's good news to hear they have their own boat and story to boot.

Time will tell, but if the North American support team is half as good as you say, it will show quickly. And if D can deliver on this penta-bridian promise, what's stopping them from going all the way to octa-brid, or beyond?

Net/Net: Dahua continues to murder the English language as well as their competition at every opportunity, and history shows that's unlikely to change anytime soon.

(1)
(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions