Subscriber Discussion

Dahua Ceiling Mount Options

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Dec 09, 2017

Does anyone know if you can add different lengths of rigid conduit to the Dahua Fish Eye Ceiling Mount? I need the camera to be at a very specific height. 

From Dahua documentation I can't see how all of the parts go together. My other concern is that the screws thread that is used is European based so I don't know if NPT threads will screw in. The unit will be mounted inside so I'm not concerned about a weather tight seal, just sturdy. 

Has anyone done this before?

Application and Part Numbers for Dahua

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Dec 10, 2017

G Thread 1/2" Male to NPT Thread 1/2" Female Pipe Fitting Adapter - Lead - Free Adapter on Amazon.

UI
Dec 10, 2017

Thanks that's a good thought. I can't seem to find one for 1-1/2" but there has to be one out there somewhere.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Dec 10, 2017

Those parts in the picture are 1/2”.  Typically 1 1/2” is for external PTZ’s.

It appears the dome cap is secured by 3 Allen head screws, so the adapter is likely only needed at the top.  I might worry about the OD of the rigid pipe. 

Jon Dillabaugh
Dec 12, 2017
Pro Focus LLC

The PFA110 has G 1-1/2” thread, which will be a tough find. I once needed to extend a Hikvision pendant cap on a fisheye and had to reduce the pipe size down to NPT 3/4” in order to find pipe that would mate. 

(1)
RS
Robert Shih
Dec 13, 2017
Independent

Actually, which fisheye are you dealing with? I think I can get everything mated to an alternate cap/plate that does NOT need the PFA110.

And we have the pipe extensions.

UI
Dec 13, 2017

Actually it's the Advidia B-5360 which is a Dahua. 

I don't see it on their website so it must be an older model that Advidia is still carrying. 

I think at this point what I'm going to do is use the 'Gang Box' adapter. Install it on a 4 square box, have a piece of 1-1/2" rigid going to a VMP ceiling plate .

kind of crazy because it's a very light and is not going to be hanging that far. But it needs to be at a very specific height, I'm trying to minimize the swaying of the camera and obviously don't want it to fall.

However I'm open to other options. Thanks. 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions