Dahua Anti-Vibration Test Video

JH
John Honovich
Mar 23, 2016
IPVM

It's not common for manufacturers to share video of their internal testing, but here is a new one from Dahua:

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Mar 23, 2016

Wow. I guess they finally got an English speaking employee, or at least voice over....

Brian Rhodes
Mar 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

It is common for manufacturers to contract this type of testing to an independent lab that owns and runs the specialized equipment.

For example, googling up 'IEC60068 test lab' (the same spec as the one Dahua's video shows) turns up more than a dozen labs around the world selling their services.

However, Dahua's video looks like this test is done with their own equipment/adapted from vibration tables used in packaging, which is fairly impressive.

Not to say using a 3rd party lab isn't also impressive, but Dahua apparently tasks engineers and tech people to do this internally, and presumably product designs can be modified or improved based on those results. Not every 'manufacturer' can or is willing to do this.

Ethan Ace
Mar 23, 2016

It is in their own lab. I saw that setup, but wasn't allowed to take photos when I met with them. They have several other setups as well, for IP rating, IK testing, temperature, humidity, etc.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 23, 2016
IPVM

It looks like the room they use to force Hikvision spies to come clean...

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions